CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

A bit of wisdom

So I read this in an article when Milo was a newborn and it has stuck with me to this day. I forget it sometimes, I get rushed, I push Milo along. I say things like, "Come on hurry up! Let's get going!" I feel the panic well up in my chest as I gaze at the clock. I obsess that my baseboards aren't clean, my laundry needs folding and I probably should clean the shower. I know that I need to remind myself of this pearl more often. I figure if I let you know about it, maybe I can pass on this bit of wisdom and perhaps the world will be a better place for it...

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs.
Dust, go to sleep.
I am rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.


I should needlepoint this on a pillow or something, if only I knew how to needlepoint.

1 comments:

Jen said...

I love this! I just told my friend, Ruth who just became a first-time Mommy last week that my piece of advice was to snuggle with her little girl and don't stress about cleaning/straightening during her maternity leave. Someone told me that and I did an excellent job of it. LOL :)