CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Let's play catch up shall we?

I have been taking some time off of the blog thing, and I don't really have a good reason. I know I have been so stressed the last year of my life that when I would get home from work sitting in front of a computer, settling my mind and typing was just not something I was capable of. I probably would have been all doom and gloom and had very little of importance to tell you. However recently some things have changed I thought perhaps I could bring you up to speed.

Well first of all, the biggest change is that I lost my job at Nuparts. More accurately Nuparts went out of business after 25 years. I had been with them for 12 years this year and it was heartbreaking. Some of you might remember the long dark period after my father died, and well this felt similar. I was just watching something I loved and cared about just slowly slip away. There was nothing at all that I could do to stop it or help the situation, I just had to live through it and hope I would come out okay on the other side. And to that end, I am okay. For the last month I have been a stay at home Mom with Milo and Finn. I have taken up yoga, I have been on an organizing spree and well life is good. I am looking every single day for a job, but I figure while I wait it out, I will live each of my moments to the fullest. And I am happy doing it. I am truly a different person without the ever present stress upon my shoulders. So if you know of anyone who wants a highly skilled HR person with management experience and a background in finance, let me know. Or let them know I exist and I am interested.

Milo finished up Pre-K and in a few short days, a little over a week from now, he is going to be in Kindergarten. We have his uniform, his backpack, his school supplies, oh it is very exciting. This summer he has been in Hubbard Sports Camp where he has a swim lesson a day and then is also learning; baseball, soccer, basketball, volleyball and archery. Guess which is his favorite? Yup, archery hands down, with swimming a close second. He is running around all day and comes home exhausted and for once I have ZERO guilt about letting him veg in front of the tv. If you could only see him, he looks whipped for sure.

Finn is growing with leaps and bounds, talking more each day. His favorite thing in all the world is a dinosaur which he pronounces like "shoe" and his animals. He is a little reader and can often be found atop my bed snuggled under the covers with a gigantic dinosaur book in his hands.

Mark of course is still wonderful and amazing and my best friend. He has been a truly fantastic husband putting up with my crazy behavior and my need to reorganize and rearrange furniture since I have been home. I mean why did I never notice before that the sofa was in a completely ridiculous position? Or that our linen closet was hopeless and a catastrophe waiting to happen? He hasn't said one word of rebuff to me, he just smiles and helps me scoot the furniture around and oohs and ahhs over my newly arranged closet. Gosh I am so lucky to have him.

Well now that my head is clear and the stress is gone, I will be updating more frequently, so keep checking in!

0 comments: