So I have to believe that teachers at school have been prepping kids about projects for Mother's Day. I know I haven't mentioned it to him, and I doubt Mark has said much about the impending arrival of Mother's Day. However it went down, Milo is aware at least on some level. I should note that there is nothing this child of mine lives for more than a celebration of something and some presents. Oh... and bring on some cake.
Milo: Mom I have a plan.
Me: Excellent, I love a good plan. What is it?
Milo: Well I think we should go to Target and I will get you a present
Me: A present for me?
Milo: Yup for Moms Day. Is that a good idea?
Me: That is very thoughtful of you. What kind of present?
Milo: Oh it comes in a bag and then we will put it in your closet.
Me: Why in my closet babe?
Milo: (giving me a puzzled look) That is where you put all the presents Mom
Me: (Oh dear, he is sooo on to me, looks like next Christmas I will have to find a new place to stash) Oh. I see.
Milo: I think I will get something like a transformer or maybe a dinosaur.
Me: That would be nice. But Milo you have a lot of Transformers and dinosaurs, couldn't I just play with yours?
Milo: (looking incredulous) But those are mine Mom, you need your own. Okay?
And then he patted my hand and walked out of the room. I sat on the edge of my bed and tried very hard to not laugh. I didn't do a very good job.
G-G on Facebook - G-G on Twitter
10 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment