CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Smoking Dangers

So in the car Milo and observed a man smoking in his car. Milo was curious about this and so we discussed smoking and why it is bad for you. Milo had a few pearls of wisdom on this subject too.

Milo: Mom what is that guy doing there?
Me: Well he is driving his car.
Milo: No he is doing something with his hand, what is he doing?
Me: Ohh, he is smoking
Milo: We don't smoke in the car, right?
Me: We don't smoke ever Milo. Smoking is yucky.
Milo: Yeah we dont' smoke when we are little, but when I grow up I will smoke
Me: (horror in my voice) Absolutely not. I don't want you to ever smoke Milo.
Milo: (super sad look on his face) Only when I am big Mom, not right now.
Me: Milo, smoking is really yucky, it makes you cough, and if you smoke it makes you feel bad inside, plus smoking is stinky, it makes you smell.
Milo: Like you smell like a poopy butt?
Me: Kind of like that Milo, yes.

Milo ponders this for a while. And after about 5 minutes of thinking about it, bring up some really fun smoking facts that I was not aware of.

Milo: Mom, that guy is probably going to get into a lot of trouble.
Me: What guy? What?
Milo: For smoking in his car, he is going to be in mean trouble with his mom.
Me: You are probably right about that Milo.
Milo: Yeah because we never smoke in the car because it might catch fire.
Me: Fire?
Milo: That is why we only smoke outside, or the house will catch on fire and up and up it goes and then you don't have a house anymore.
Me: Well....
Milo: And sometimes if you smoke you get stinky and then you can catch on fire too!
Me: Those are all very excellent reasons not to smoke Milo.
Milo: Yup, so I will only smoke outside.
Me: How about you don't smoke at all?
Milo: Only when I am big Mom.

I figure we will talk about this a bit later on. I would think that the notion of catching fire yourself would be enough of a deterrent, but apparently not for Milo.

0 comments: