CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

I already knowed that!

Milo has become very smart I have discovered. And he knows his intelligence level. Some may say he is a bit cocky or just confident. I say it is sass. And sass is a BIG problem in our house lately. Oh sure, it is laughable at times, but I am looking big picture here folks. How do I find this balance between confidence and sassiness? And school? Yup, we reached that point in our lives when school is not something he is interested in. And you may be asking yourself, 'why is school not something he is interested in?' And the answer my friends is this... Milo already knows everything.

Me: Time to get up for school!
Milo: No Mom, I don't want to go to school.
Me: Hmm, that is a problem, because you have to go to school today my love.
Milo: But I am so tired, I just want to sleep more Mom.
Me: (Oh my, already? At age 5? He is a Sheridan after all) I guess then we can make your bedtime an hour earlier every night so you get more sleep.
Milo: (shooting up in in bed) No MOM!! I don't want to do that!
Me: Oh good, you are up. Lets get dressed.
Milo: No Mom, I don't want to go to school, it makes me so tired, and takes all my energies up. And you always tell me Mom I need my energies.
Me: (Ooooooh trying to really argue this one with me based on 5 year old logic?)I know I do love. But school is just one of those things we have to do. And you know you love school once you are there.
Milo: Sometimes Mom.
Me: Think of all the things you will learn, you come home smarter every day than when you left.
Milo: Mom. (giving me the most withering look) I already knowed everything they try to teach me. Plus I knowed things that they aren't teaching me. I am smart, you know?
Me: (awesome logic there love, love the new tactic, but it isn't going to work) Ahhh, I see, well I tell you what, how about we switch? You go to work for me, and I go to school for you. What do you think about that?
Milo: OR... How about Finn goes to work for both of us and we stay home and play videogames?
Me: Oh Milo. I don't think that work. Finn's legs are short, and his feet can't reach the pedals to drive me car. It is probably best I go to work and you go to school.
Milo: I guess, but somedays I would just like to have it my way.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Love the logic of a 5-year old!!!