CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

That Thanksgiving Business

Our Thanksgiving weekend was nice, action packed and filled with adventure. I miss my Dad oh so much, and it was hard thinking about the beginning of our holiday season without him in it. We spent Thursday at my Grammy's house where a sumptuous feast was created, enjoyed and devoured. There were some mishaps. Some people went pant-less for a while but the pants were retrieved prior to sitting down for dinner.

Look Mommy... A turkey

Finn and Milo wanted to play hide and seek. But Finn still isn't that great at hiding.


Uncle Jay that old softie, let Finn drink out of his iced tea cup and didn't even mind the baby slobber... all that much.

Almost the whole bunch I am taking the picture.

Friday
I attempted to get up early and do after Christmas shopping with much success. Almost all my shopping is done now. I still have to wrap it all up though which will be challenging.

The boys spent some time lounging in their pjs.

Also while I was out, Milo found a stash of gifts already purchased. He found the lightsabers I bought for him. Mark used his own Jedi mind tricks on Milo, clever Daddy.

Milo: Daddy, Mommy bought me presents
Dad: What? She did? How do you know that?
Milo: Come with me Daddy, I show you. In Mommy's closet.

Let's note here that I will warrant that my closet isn't the most clever spot to hide presents, but he NEVER goes in there and he is only 3 after all and doesn't know yet about snooping, or so I thought. Mark did cleverly distract him from showing him the presents. He put Milo down for a nap and moved the presents. Upon waking up from his nap Milo found Mark and again brought up the subject of presents.

Milo: Daddy there are lightsabers in Mommy's room that she got me.
Mark: Oh really? Can you show me?

Milo goes running back to our room, flings open the closet door and peers inside. Mark said a look of confusion crossed his face.

Milo: Here they are Daddy!
Mark: Where? I don't see anything Milo
Milo: Where did they go? (poking around the closet)
Mark: I think you must have dreamed about the lightsabers Milo. I don't see any.
Milo: (looking much depressed) You are wrong Daddy, I saw them!
Mark: Hmm....

Don't worry, he will feel vindicated in 20 short days when he opens up those lightsabers and the epic battle begins between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader once again.

Saturday
Mark went camping with Kevin and I spent the day with Aunt Maura and Uncle Eric at the park with the boys and their puppies; Ollie and Frankie.

Milo loves loves loves puppies and desperately wants a puppy of his own. The Sheridan household answer to this is a resounding "NO" for right now.

Walking to the park, Milo loves a dog on a leash. Ollie was such a good sport.

Aunt Maura and Finn watching the action

The action in progress.

Finn can sit now!! What a big boy.

0 comments: