I watch with anticipation every day to see what new thing my boys will discover, learn and share. Most days they are small things like Finn will learn how to pat the top of his head. Or Milo will tell me about a new game he likes to play which proves his growing imagination.
Sometimes they are big things like Finn learning to stand up by himself. He crashes to his bum in about 36 seconds, but we did get to witness 36 seconds of free standing. Milo is remembering more and more things, able to give insightful commentary on human behavior and generally make us smile. He still does not really get how to tell a good joke, but we are working on that skill daily.
Some exciting developments in their vocabulary are as follows.....
Finn has learned the word Star. Mark every night after his bath goes through all the things on the decorative shelf in the bathroom. I have a jar of sea glass I scavenged from the shores of City Island while I was pregnant with Milo. I have a jar of seashells and sand retrieved by Milo on his first trip to the ocean in San Diego. And a star fish I collected when I lived in Saudi Arabia with my Dad. Mark painstakingly goes through each item with Finn each and every night. I have been waiting for him to pick up the word fish, shell, glass or sand and one day last week he finally did. He was standing on Milo's bed, a very favorite place of his to be. And he walked the length of the bed, pointing at each star painted on the wall saying, "dar" "dar" "dar" "dar" then he looked at me with the biggest grin on his face. I nearly fell over, because he knew the shape from looking at that raggedy starfish every night with Mark. I won't claim he is a genius, but I was pretty impressed.
So this bring Finn's verbal repetiore up to include; Dada, Mama, Alice, Cat, and Star. Of course he is very familiar with the word NO and Milo and Brother and Ball, but doesn't really repeat them...yet.
Milo on the other hand is surprising us with incredible catch phrases.
Me: Milo can you please put your shoes on?
Milo: Give me a second okay?
Me: Milo I need you to put down the toys and get in the tub now!
Milo: Okay Okay Mom! I am just thinking of something in my brain first!
Mark: Can you turn off the water in shower Milo?
Milo: I don't know Dad, can I? (this said with obvious sarcasm)
Me: Have you brushed your teeth yet?
Milo: I brush them every day Mom, do you? (for the record I do)
Me: I love you Milo
Milo: I love you too Mom, up to your toes.
G-G on Facebook - G-G on Twitter
10 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment