When I first found out I was pregnant with Finn, I was a bit worried on many levels. Worried about the amount of love to spread around. I found out that there is more than enough, in fact love just multiplies, there is no finite amount of love in this world. I was worried about how I would be able to spend enough time with them both. I found out that you just make it work, and we play together. I was worried about the financial aspect of two school tuitions, two college tuitions, etc. I found out that money worries are always going to be there, we just have to do the best we can. But I think the thing I was most worried about how the boys would get along together. Would there be jealousy or acting out on Milo's part? Would there be sibling fights as they got older? I found out that while that there is going to be a bit of that no matter what, Milo is altogether very loving to Finn. He is excited for Finn to get bigger and play with him and his toys. He insists he is going to share with his brother. I wonder about this privately, but I roll with it for right now.
Milo really enjoys the difference between babies and big boys. Milo checks in with me frequently about what babies get to do and what big boys get to do.
Milo: Only big boys get to eat macaroni right Mom?
Milo: Only big boys get to watch movies!
Milo: Only big boys wear Spiderman underpants.
Milo: Only big boys eat ice cream. Okay Mom? Not for babies.
Milo: Only babies play with baby toys. Big boys play with transformers.
Milo has done some really sweet things for his brother. The other night I was in the kitchen, Milo was playing in the living room while Finn was in his swing. Finn dropped Silky his beloved elephant with the soggy chewed on ears. Finn started his distress mews, lower lip about to come out, which precedes the full blown wailing by about 45 seconds. Milo walked over and picked up Silky and handed him back to Finn.
Milo: Here you go brudder. Here is your elephant
Finn: (wide eyed staring)
Milo: Don't cry, he is okay. Play with your elephant
Finn: (kicking his legs and grabbing onto Silky)
Milo: See Mom he is not crying anymore
Me: Great job Milo, I really like when you help your brother like that.
Milo: (grinning) Me too Mommy. Can I have a snack?
I warrant that for every sweet moment we will also have some challenging moments. I am an only child, so the whole sibling thing is new for me. Mark assures me this is what it was like with his siblings, so I trust him on this. But for a three year old there will be tough moments too. Naturally. The other day we are driving home, Finn and Milo are both in the backseat. Finn I think was a bit hungry and just a bit tired of being stuck in a car seat looking at the back of the seat, and started crying.
Finn: (crying mildly)
Milo: Brudder, it's okay, don't cry
Finn: (still crying mildly)
Milo: I will sing a song for you.
Milo: Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba
Finn: (stops crying for a moment)
Milo: Mommy he stopped crying
Me: Great job Milo!
Finn: (really starts sobbing now)
Milo: No Finn! Stop crying!
Finn: (the shrieking has started now)
Milo: Finn stop crying right now (hands covering ears)
Milo: Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba (I am not sure what song this is supposed to be)
Finn: (continued screaming)
Milo: (pointing his finger at Finn) Finn I am really starting to get frub-strated with you now!
Finn: (taking no notice whatsoever of Milo's discussion and is still crying)
Milo: I am not talking to you anymore, okay?
Me: He is just hungry babe, and he wants to go home.
Milo: Me too Mommy. But he is really frub-strating to me. He is too loud!
G-G on Facebook - G-G on Twitter
1 year ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment