Milo is not so much into his clothing beyond what is on the front of his shirt and perhaps a preference for which shoes he wears; converse or the jumpy shoes. Which is perfectly normal for a little 3 year old boy. What he is very clear on though, is that we wear all the components of clothing at one go; shirts, pants, underpants, shoes and on occasion socks depending on the footwear.
This morning we arrived at school at the same time as another little girl in his class. When she gets out of the car, you can tell she was still half asleep. I chatted with her Mom for a moment while we walked in together, and she noted that her daughter was really sleepy this morning and is impossible to wake up. Oh if I only had that problem. Milo is up at the break of day every single day of his life. What I wouldn't give for a child who wanted to sleep in past 6:04am. I did the nod and smile, because of course I cannot relate to this particular life experience.
Milo looked up at me with huge eyes and a very distressed look on his face.
Milo: Mommy she isn't wearing shoes
Me: I know she was really sleepy this morning
Milo: But she doesn't have any shoes on!
Me: Well her Mom has her shoes, I am sure she will put her shoes on.
Milo: (running up to the Mom) Where are her shoes?
Me: (apologetic look at the Mom) I am so sorry, we are just very concerned about shoes in our family.
Her: It's okay, I totally understand
Milo: (looking at me) She really needs some shoes Mom. How else will she go down the slide?
Me: Good question, her Mom will handle it and I am sure it will be okay. I promise you she will have shoes on today.
Milo: Okay, because I want to play with her today but I can't if she isn't wearing any shoes. That is not what we do.
Who knew my son was such a stickler for shoes? And that there is obviously a whole subset of shoe rules in the 3 year old world? Everyday you live and learn I suppose. I am just glad I was wearing my shoes today.
G-G on Facebook - G-G on Twitter
10 months ago
1 comments:
cuteness. I WISH Ryan awoke at 6:04. 5:50am at our crib.
Post a Comment