Manners are big with me. I want my children to grow up and know that please and thank you are not optional in our lives. Beyond please and thank you, I want them to grow up opening doors, giving flowers on a date, picking up the check, sending thank you cards for gifts, shaking hands when they meet someone new, etc. I have been drilling this into Milo for 3 years and 8 months and Finn will get the same treatment. Some days are better than others I will admit. However overall I really do believe that Milo has the basics down, please and thank you are used frequently in daily life.
This morning in the car Milo was playing with Optimus Prime (shortened to Prime by Milo) and Megatron (still just Megatron) in the backseat on the drive to school.
Milo as Prime: Megatron I am going to get you. (Prime is seen soaring overhead)
Milo as Megatron: Aaaahhh, no Prime I will run away. (Megatron is seen soaring in the opposite direction)
Milo as Prime: Megatron, I will chop you with my ax (chopping action with Prime's small ax)
Milo as Megatron: Prime, you cannot get me with your ax because I have a laser. Ooops, I dropped my laser
Milo as Prime: Oh don't worry Megatron I will get it for you.
Milo as Megatron: Oh thank you Prime, that was very nice of you.
Milo as Prime: You are welcome Megatron, okay now I will get you.
Milo as Megatron: Okay. (both toys are soaring through the air only to collide in a violent crash)
Milo: That was a big crash, are you guys okay?
Milo as Prime/Megatron: Yup!
I must say that while we might be facing a huge financial crisis and the price of oil is high and it feels like the world is spinning wildly out of control. At least we can take comfort in the fact that toys nowadays are getting much more polite.
G-G on Facebook - G-G on Twitter
10 months ago
1 comments:
Priceless! You can't make this stuff up. I'm proud to say Ryan is learning "Thank you" as well.
Post a Comment