CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I just need a break

So last night while driving home Milo was talking to Finn about taking turns. I thought this was a perfect opportunity to open up this discussion about sharing and such. I was very very wrong...

Finn: Babababa aaaaagghhh!
Milo: Finn when I talk you cannot talk. First it is my turn to talk and then it is your turn.
Finn: Aaaaaaaaaa.
Milo: See just like that. I talk. You talk. But now I am talking.
Me: Milo that is great! What a nice way to explain taking turns. Can you think of another time when we take turns.
Milo: I don't want to take turns Mom!
Me: I was thinking of our candy land game we played the other night. I took a card and then it was your turn to take a card. Remember?
Milo: I am not talking to you Mom! (this was done in a scream)
Me: Okay.

Silence followed for about 5 minutes, punctuated only by Finn on occasion screaming "Aaaaaa" or blowing a raspberry.

Me: Are you talking to me yet Milo?
Milo: (silent and turned away from me)
Me: Okay.

More silence, we are nearly home at this point.

Milo: Mom.
Me: Yes Milo.
Milo: Okay I just needed a break.
Me: A break from talking to me?
Milo: Yes. Sometimes I just need a little break. But just a little one. Not a big one.
Me: I understand, sometimes I do too.
Milo: But now I am back and we can talk about Transformers now, okay?
Me: Okay.

0 comments: